June 18, 2010

the day I finally married my childhood sweetheart!

What fun!  A blog hop featuring weddings.  What a perfect way to spend a stormy night.  I've never participated in a blog hop so this seems like a fun way to try it out.  I hope you enjoy a glimpse of our wedding as much as we enjoyed our wedding - and we REALLY enjoyed our wedding.

My husband, Brandon, and I met each other in 5th grade at VBS.  He had just moved back to the area and was a total cutie!  I turned into an annoying, giggling girl "in love".  It must have been horrendous.  I remember our first Valentine's  Day in 6th grade as a "couple".  His mom dropped him off at my house and waited in the driveway while he brought me a stuffed animal and chocolate.  I got him a CD.  I don't think it lasted much longer than that - I got an email that said, "I just want to be friends".  That was it.  No name, no explanation, no I'm sorry.  It all worked out though. Our senior year we started dating again - thanks to some of our friends who were sick of hearing me deny my everlasting love for him and the rest is history.  We dated all through college and got married the summer after graduation, moved into our home, and added two dogs to the family.  And that is where we are now.

Here's a look at our special day.
Beware, there are lots of photos because it is so hard to choose just a few.

August 9, 2008



it's never too early to celebrate - especially when Linz is your MOH




these were my grandmother's hankies that i turned into ring pillows.  
she passed away soon before the wedding so they meant a lot







stolen moment in the coat closet RIGHT after the ceremony


one of the best parts of the wedding - trolley ride to reception with the bridal party


handsome


pretty













yes, he pushed cake UP his bride's nose

see....







my favorite part - the candy bar








my other favorite part - McDonald's cheeseburgers at midnight

yes we got married at the McDonald's,
well the headquarters.

and the dancing just kept on going - refueled and refreshed





Goodnight!

Thanks for stopping by!
I know that may have been excessive but I love re-living the day.

Please join the blog hop and check out everyone else's beautiful wedding moments.



14 comments:

AllisonO of O My Family said...

Jessica, you wedding pictures are worth every penny. I don't know how much they were but they could have been 3 zillion dollars and still been totally worth it.

Holy beautiful wedding photos.

(Ok, the wedding couple was pretty beautiful, too.)

:)

AllisonO of O My Family said...

Aaaaaand typo. your* wedding.

Johanna said...

I love your pictures! You're gorgeous, and it looks like a fun night. So many other 2008 brides in the blog hop. I love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you all! This blog hop is so fun! I haven't had a chance to check everyone else's out but I'm making my way there now.

katie said...

lovely! great shots, and i really like all the details--the hanky pillows, the desserts, the facial expressions. =) thanks for sharing!

Debbi said...

I got cake up my nose too! You had a beautiful wedding! I love your dress!

Elizabeth said...

Jess, I have to be honest here - your wedding photos are the best I've ever seen. When I saw them, I was so jealous and wish we would've had your photographer! You were an absolutely gorgeous bride! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Miranda said...

Um, holy gorgeous wedding, batman. Seriously. Beautiful! All of it

And now I want a cheeseburger!

Alysha said...

awww i love the one of your walking in the grass! And in the elevator and the mcdonalds and the strawberries. i could go on and on! Just a beautiful wedding! :)

LA @The Reel Family said...

Wow, wow holy beautiful wedding pics. They are awesome. I am in love with the pic of y'all kissing in the coat closet that is just too cute!

I have been the hotel at McDonalds headquarters, it was very nice and pretty. I think its a great place to have reception!

HarmSkills said...

you got married at McDonalds hq? did I read that right?

The Ludwigs said...

Your pictures are AMAZING! Mommy loves your dress - you're so pretty! We really like the picture of you in the grass and the elevator pics...

Krista @ Not Mommy of the Year said...

OMG. What gorgeous pictures. Love the picture in the coat closet, plus the candy bar AND the McDonald's cheeseburgers. Please promise to invite me to any future parties you throw, mmkay?

Suz said...

Looks like such a fun wedding! Yall have such awesome photos of just yall two! I know that trolley ride had to have been awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...